What is Big Day of Giving?
Big Day of Giving a 24-hour online giving challenge to raise unrestricted funds for Sacramento region’s nonprofit community. It is organized and hosted by the Sacramento Region Community Foundation (SRCF) and its affiliates.
Peregrine School is a non-profit organization and Big Day of Giving is our MAIN fundraiser – this means we will NEVER make you buy $3 candy bars.
Why is fundraising needed?
Like most schools, Peregrine School faces the challenge that tuition alone covers only our basic expenses. To meet our mission of educating children to be creative, critical thinkers, we rely on the generosity of individuals like you.
Our mission extends beyond our classroom walls to our regional and international community. We strive to help the community celebrate education and childhood as joyful experiences. Help our efforts to sponsor more community events like our wildly popular “Girls in Science” event.
Every donation makes a difference.
Our goal this year is to raise $25,000 for:
* Outdoor Play Structure
* Staff professional development
If each Peregrine family raises $150, we will reach our goal of $25,000!
When is Big Day of Giving?
Big Day of Giving will take place during a 24-hour period on Thursday, May 4, 2017. New this Year, individuals will be able to schedule their donations starting on Friday, April 14.
How you can help:
* Starting Friday April 14, schedule a tax deductible donation to be charged on May 4, 2017 at https://www.bigdayofgiving.org/PeregrineSchool
* Spread the word! Forward the link to friends and family and encourage them to give.
Why donate on Big Day of Giving?
Make your tax-deductible donation work harder! Take advantage of sponsored matching and prizes.
Peregrine Alums — Peregrine parents have generously pledged to match donations one-to-one, for the first $500 received from “Peregrine Alum.” Please indicate “alum” in the company field on the donation page.
Friend of Peregrine – This is anyone who is not a current or former Peregrine family e.g., extended family and friends. Peregrine grandparents have generously pledged to match donations one-to-one, for the first $500 received from “Friends of Peregrine.” Donor must write the student’s name in the “company” field on the donation page. This will enable us to confirm the affiliation and apply the matching funds.
Schoolwide Classroom Competitions
This year, we’re kicking it up a notch with some school wide Big Day of Giving competitions between classes! Winning classes will receive prize money (and bragging rights) sponsored by the Peregrine School Board of Directors. Prize is $250 per category.
1) Most amount of money raised
2) Highest % of families participating.
3) Most number of “Friends of Peregrine” who donate. Friends of Peregrine is anyone who is not a current or former Peregrine family. IMPORTANT: Donor must write the student’s name in the “company” field on the donation page. This will enable us to track on behalf of whom they are donating.
Class progress will be tracked on the lobby bulletin boards.
Early Bird Raffle
* Schedule a donation at https://www.bigdayofgiving.org/PeregrineSchool of at least $35 by 2 pm on Saturday April 29, 2017 and you will be entered into a raffle drawing. Prize is $150 towards your Peregrine student’s classroom. Prize counts towards classroom competition finally tally. If you have children in multiple classrooms, the prize money will be divided among the students’ classrooms.
SRCF sponsored matching and prizes
* Throughout May 4, SRCF will be holding drawings to give away $50,000 in $250 to $1,000 increments for online credit card donations. See https://www.bigdayofgiving.org/prizes for details.